What is Comforts of Home?
Through a partnership with select Bed, Bath and Beyond and Walmart stores, United Way of Northeastern Minnesota is able to obtain bedding, towels, rugs, and other household items. These products are then distributed to people in need in our service territory based on a referral system.
UWNEMN is currently providing in-person appointments only for Comforts of Home in our building each Wednesday at select times. Case managers MUST make a referral and accompany clients for these appointments.
Step 2. Upon UWNEMN approval, case managers will receive an email to select an available date and time (each Wednesdays between 8:30 am - 2:00 pm) for the client's in-person appointment.
We ask that caseworkers review the program policy with clients & secure client signature on the form prior to their appointment.
Pickup appointments may be made available for extenuating circumstances. If you have any questions, contact Sarah at email@example.com or call 218-254-3329.
Comforts of Home Program Policy
- The Comforts of Home program may only be used once.
- All clientele must be referred and accompanied by a case worker.
- Appropriate paperwork is required to be filled out by clientele completely.
- Case managers and clientele will work together to take items that are appropriate for their current needs. Clientele are encouraged to make a list in advance to help prioritize their needed items.
- Comforts of Home has many curtains available. It’s advised that clientele measure their windows in advance to assist in selecting curtains.
- There may be limits on some items depending on availability (i.e. one pillow per person, etc.).
- Items are first come first served and can’t be set aside or held for clientele. We receive our items on a donation basis so we never know what will be coming in or is available.
- Anything that is taken may not be returned to the program or store.
- All donations that are received are assessed to ensure they are acceptable to give out to individuals in need.
- UWNEMN apologizes in advance If there is an item on the shelf that is unacceptable.
- Should you take an electronic item does that not work when you get home, please dispose of properly as it cannot be returned to the Comforts of Home Program.
- ANY ITEMS RECEIVED FROM THE COMFORTS OF HOME PROGRAM ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD OR EXCHANGED.
- UWNEMN partner agencies are allowed to take items for appropriate programs.
This policy must be signed and returned in order for materials to be picked up; please click here to download this policy for your client to sign. Paperwork can be returned as PDF email attachment, via mail, or in person.
What is Comforts of Home Plus?
Through UWNEMN's partnership with local Walmart stores, the Comforts of Home program has begun to receive large donations of brand new bulk items that our organization can make available to other nonprofits and community groups serving individuals in need in UWNEMN's service area. Examples of items may include clothing, shoes, seasonal decorations, and office supplies.
Several groups have already benefited from these donations including: UWNEMN partner agencies, local nonprofits, schools, nursing homes, and churches. Items are distributed in a first come, first served basis. To get on the mailing list when Comforts of Home Plus items are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer opportunities are available each week to help sort and organize these bulk donations. Sign up here!