United Way of Northeastern Minnesota needs your help to pack
Buddy Backpacks meal kits!
UWNEMN hopes to provide a safe and fun Buddy Backpacks experience for everyone, and we appreciate your cooperation in the following for the 2021-2022 school year:
- We are looking for up to 30 people per packing session. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the session.
- Keeping in mind that distancing is difficult in the packing process, all volunteers will be required to wear masks and/or face shields in our best effort to ensure the safety and health of UWNEMN staff, volunteers, and our community.
- Upon arrival to the UWNEMN building, volunteers will drive through the gate and park in the parking lot. Volunteers will enter through DOOR #4.
- Volunteers will be asked complete a volunteer release form. This form will be completed once per school year, as in the past. They will also receive their name tag with table number and job duty.
- Volunteers are asked to not touch any items on their tables before the staff kicks off the session. This means there will be no opening of boxes, stock piling additional items, or starting to pack any bags.
- Job duties will be the following and will be pre-assigned:
- Bag Opener (1 volunteer)
- Bag Filler (4 volunteers)
- Runner (2 volunteers)
- Boxer (1 volunteer)
- Cardboard (2 volunteers)
- Volunteers are asked to wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes or boots.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness on the day of your packing session, please contact us to reschedule.
Thank you for volunteering to pack this critical food for local children and your understanding of the guidelines put in place. UWNEMN will continue to do our very best to keep our volunteers, staff, and local children safe!
As always, volunteers for Buddy Backpacks must be 18 or older.
All sessions will take place at United Way of Northeastern Minnesota's office at 608 East Drive in Chisholm.
2021 Buddy Backpacks Packing Sessions (click a date to sign up):
- September 23 - 2 pm
- September 28 - 2 pm
- September 30 - 2 pm
- October 5 - 2pm
- October 13 - 2 pm
- October 21 - 2 pm
Bring your change when you volunteer to help FEED THE BUDDY BACKPACK PIG! Your donation will help UWNEMN purchase food for the Buddy Backpacks program!
For more information, please contact Michelle at 218-254-3329 or email@example.com.