This is a critical time for our communities to unite and focus their efforts to improve people's lives and strengthen our families.
United Way of Northeastern Minnesota is raising COVID-19 Crisis Funds on the Iron Range and in Koochiching County to provide immediate support to those most affected by this pandemic.
UWNEMN received COVID-19 Crisis Fund donations from donors in Koochiching County and on the Iron Range. Funds raised in each region will stay in each region and will be used to do the following:
- Support UWNEMN programs Buddy Backpacks and United for Veterans which both are highly needed to serve individuals on the Iron Range and in Koochiching County and have both had fundraisers canceled due to the pandemic.
- Bolster efforts of local agencies providing direct support to local individuals affected by this crisis.
- Provide financial assistance for basic living expenses to local individuals who have lost their jobs or had hours reduced as a result of COVID-19.
These are special crisis funds that have no administrative cost associated with them, so 100% of funds UWNEMN receives will go directly to local agencies, programs, and individuals in the region funds were raised.
IRON RANGE UWNEMN COVID-19 CRISIS FUND UPDATES
- Applications for Iron Range individuals seeking assistance with basic living expenses are still open! Click here to apply for financial assistance.
- More than $290,000 has been secured so far! Of that, $51,398.24 has been distributed to 46 Iron Range households and $26,240 has been distributed to 7 Iron Range non-profits.
KOOCHICHING COUNTY COVID-19 CRISIS FUND UPDATES
- Applications for Koochiching County individuals seeking financial assistance with basic living expenses are still open! Click here to apply for assistance.
- $17,000 has been raised so far! Of that, $2,187.13 has been distributed to six Koochiching County households.