The purpose of the UWNEMN COVID-19 Crisis Fund is to provide financial support to those living or working in UWNEMN's service territory (click here to see if you live or work in a community served by UWNEMN) whose jobs have been impacted by the current COVID-19 pandemic. Individuals/families impacted must demonstrate a financial loss on or after the Governor’s Emergency Executive Order, dated March 13, 2020, to request approval for support to cover basic living expenses.
The following information requested will be used to determine your individual/family’s financial situation and state of need. All requests will remain confidential; each will be carefully reviewed by a small United Way of Northeastern Minnesota committee. Financial support cannot be processed without the form completed in full. Remember to include all household members’ income.
One-time Maximum Request Amount: $1,000 per household
- Section One – Personal Information: Complete ALL information requested. Please note, this application is specific to individuals living or working in the Iron Range communities of UWNEMN's service territory.
- Section Two – List of bills to be considered for payment: Please note, United Way does not make contributions to individuals. Payments will be made directly to the creditor. A copy of the current bill(s) requested for consideration MUST be attached. Thanks to a partnership with Range Transitional Housing & Wells Fargo Foundation, rental assistance can now be submitted for consideration.
- Economic Analysis – This is a simple budget to determine your monthly income and expenditures. Be precise and inclusive when completing this.
REQUIRED back-up documentation:
- Copies of actual current month’s bills requesting consideration for payments
- Documentation showing a reduction in hours, salary, being furloughed, or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic (examples: letter or email from employer, Executive Order listing your business type as non-essential, etc.)
- Confirmation of receipt of Unemployment Insurance (if applicable)
- History of pay stubs showing hours worked prior to 3/13/2020 through application date which demonstrate a reduction in hours (self-employed individuals who do not have pay stubs can upload different documentation demonstrating a decrease in income)
- If you have indicated you are a veteran or service member, attach a copy of your DD214.
- If you do not have a scanner, uploading a photo of these documents will suffice.