Thank you to everyone who supported our first-ever Big Buck Contest! You helped us raise nearly $8,000 for the local Imagination Library program!
UWNEMN's first annual Big Buck Contest is a virtual contest for individuals age 10 and up who hunt, live, and/or work in UWNEMN's service territory (Iron Range and Koochiching County).
2020 UWNEMN Big Buck Contest Rules & Regulations
- This contest and all rules are subject to the laws and hunting regulations of the state of Minnesota. All contestants must be legally permitted to take deer according to Minnesota Hunting Regulations.
- All contestants must live, work, or hunt in United Way of Northeastern Minnesota's service territory. (North St. Louis County, West Itasca County, & all of Koochiching County)
- Contest will begin November 7, 2020, and end November 25, 2020.
- All contestants be entered to win a lifetime Minnesota hunting license. (A winner will be selected at random in the Adult division, and another winner will be selected at random in the Youth division.)
- Prizes will be awarded for largest buck in the following categories: Male Hunters 18+ ($250), Female Hunters 18+ ($250), and Youth Hunters ($100). A winner will also be selected for most Nontypical Rack ($100).
- More random prize drawings to be announced.
- Winners for categories will be determined by the number of points and inside spread of racks. Any point must measure at least one (1) inch to be considered a point. A panel of judges representing various interests will review photos. Panel decisions are final.
- To qualify to win a category, contestants must submit a photo of their buck (with rack and points clearly visible) with hunter and deer in photo - along with a photo of the license tag clearly showing the date, hunting zone, location, etc.*
- No out-of-state deer allowed.
- Only deer harvested during the 2020 rifle season are eligible for prizes.
- To enter, register with paper or at www.unitedwaynemn.org/big-buck by 11:59 pm November 6, 2020.
- Photos must be submitted by 11:59 pm November 24, 2020.
- One contest entry permitted per individual.
- Winners will be announced December 1, 2020.
Upon entry, you will receive directions how to upload your photo should you get a buck. Photos submitted must adhere to the following in order to be considered for category winners:
- Use a flash for evening photos.
- Take photo before field dressing.
- Take photo close up - but include hunter's face and buck's rack & points!
- Ensure guns are handled responsibly if photographed.
- Wear legal hunting clothes.
- Make photos of deer as humane as possible.
- No alcohol or tobacco products in photo.
*By submitting a buck photo, you give UWNEMN permission to share the photo in any and all promotional materials (including social media and website). Tag photos will not be shared under any circumstance.